Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Is there coverage for my dirt bike on my home insurance policy?

Do you have a Polaris or Kubota UTV? How about a dirt bike or four wheeler? If you do, the next questions you should be asking yourself is 'does my policy cover this'?

Physical Damage:
If you want to make sure your recreational vehicle is covered for physical damage, the best answer is to just schedule it on your homeowners policy. This will ensure you get the proper value for your vehicle and provide coverage for additional perils not normally included.

Most policies include recreational vehicle liability while you are on your own property, however it is usually excluded off premises. Even if you don't want to cover the vehicle for physical damage you should still purchase the recreational vehicle liability endorsement.